This super moist banana bread with sour cream recipe is so delicious. The texture of the bread is soft with a slightly crispy and flaky top and has been voted the best banana bread by my family.
You can stop your search for the world’s best banana bread.
By landing on this post, you have found it, my friends. This banana bread with sour cream is PERFECT. Oh. My. Goodness.
Let’s list a few characteristics of the perfect banana bread, shall we?:
- Moist. This is a very moist banana bread, with 3 mashed bananas, sour cream, and a 1/2 cup oil.
- Being able to taste the texture of the mashed bananas. And, check. There’s something about the mix of the sour cream with the sweet bananas that just works so fabulously well. Note: the recipe says to not overmix. This is key to maintaining the various yummy textures.
- Slightly crispy top to balance out the moist banana bread goodness in the core of the loaf.
- Easy to whip up in One Bowl, which translates to: this will be made often in my house.
The combination of mashed ripe bananas and sour cream is to die for. Not only for making it a moist bread, but also to balance out the sweetness of the bread. Its a perfectly flavored bread, and my family LOVES it.
A banana bread with sour cream and oil might sound like the greasy factor may be too much. Not the case here. It is only a half cup oil, and proves to be the perfect amount to work with the bananas and sour cream for moistness.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
You might also want to try:
SAVE THIS BANANA BREAD WITH SOUR CREAM TO YOUR “BREADS” PINTEREST BOARD!
And, let’s be friends on Pinterest! I’m pinning delicious recipes all the time.
Banana Bread with Sour Cream
This moist banana bread with sour cream recipe is so delicious. The texture of this bread is soft with a slightly crispy top and is voted the best banana bread by my family.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease and lightly flour a 9x5 loaf pan.
In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and oil. Add in the eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Mix and blend well.
Add the flour, baking soda and salt into the bowl. Stir the dry ingredients together a bit while on top of the wet ingredients, then using a wooden spoon, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until moistened. Do not overmix.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. It only took 50 minutes for my loaf to be fully cooked.
Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then gently turnout the loaf onto a cooling rack and cool completely. Store covered at room temperature.
Adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe