These easy butterscotch cookies have a unique flavor combination. The toasted pecans atop the crispy cookie provide a perfect balance to the sweetness of the butterscotch.
Butterscotch cookies with pecans are an amazing flavor combination.
Why have I never mixed butterscotch and pecans together before?? So, sooooo, good. The cookie container went from full to the brim to empty in record. time.
I am going to work on an oatmeal butterscotch chip cookies recipe soon. I think that flavor combo would work well too. I’ve been inspired by the butterscotch/pecan combo.
My butterscotch chocolate chip cookies recipe is a family favorite as well. So many ways to enhance butterscotch!
- I used butter flavored crisco instead of butter for this recipe. The crisco created a lighter tasting cookie with the perfect amount of crunch.
- I used pecan pieces as opposed to chopped pecans. The larger pecan pieces I believe are the perfect choice for this recipe. The pecan flavor shines.
- Since butterscotch chips are sweeter than chocolate chips, I used 1 1/2 cups of chips as opposed to my chocolate chip cookies where I always add at least 2 cups.
- I made one cookie tray with a cooking time of 9 minutes and one with 11 minutes. The 9 minutes was chewy and the 11 minutes were nice and crunchy. Depending on your mood, you can adjust the cook time as you see fit.
I do not know why, but these cookies taste like an old fashioned butterscotch cookies recipe. Maybe the toasted pecans?
These are a real treat. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
Butterscotch Cookies with Pecans
Butterscotch cookies have a unique flavor combination. The toasted pecans atop the crispy cookie provide a perfect balance to the sweetness of the butterscotch.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter flavored crisco
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
Mix together the flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl, set aside.
Cream the sugars and butter together, add the vanilla.
Add the eggs one at a time.
Slowly add the flour mixture.
When completely mixed, stir in the butterscotch chips and pecans with a wooden spoon.
Drop by the spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 9-11 minutes at 375F degrees.