Ok, these are amazing. I’m not joking around. I think I’ve discovered a new flavor combo that will be a fan favorite in my house for a long time to come. Why have I never mixed butterscotch and pecans together before?? So, sooooo, good. The cookie container went from full to the brim to empty in record. time.
I used butter flavored crisco instead of butter for this recipe. The crisco created a lighter tasting cookie with the perfect amount of crunch. I used pecan pieces as opposed to chopped pecans. The larger pecan pieces I believe are the perfect choice for this recipe. The pecan flavor shines.
Since butterscotch chips are sweeter than chocolate chips, I used 1 1/2 cups of chips as opposed to my chocolate chip cookies where I always add at least 2 cups. Also, I made one cookie tray with a cooking time of 9 minutes and one with 11 minutes. The 9 minutes was chewy and the 11 minutes were nice and crunchy. Depending on your mood, you can adjust the cook time as you see fit.
These are a real treat. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter flavored crisco
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups butterscotch chips
- ¾ cup pecan pieces
- Mix together the flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl, set aside.
- Cream the sugars and butter together, add the vanilla.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add the flour mixture.
- When completely mixed, stir in the butterscotch chips and pecans with a wooden spoon.
- Drop by the spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes at 375F degrees.