I wanted something quick, healthy and delicious to serve my party of five for dinner tonight.
Chicken. Red and Green Peppers. Broccoli mini florets. Onions. Brown rice. Yum.
A little olive oil, a little sautéing and you have yourself the perfect dinner.
Chicken Veggie Stir Fry
A note on the broccoli. We are now using the mini broccoli florets and find that we all enjoy the mini florets quite a bit more than the more traditional large florets.
Also, we are huge fans of the rice in a bag. You know the kind where you simply place the bag of rice in its bag in the microwave and three minutes later, you have fluffy delicious rice. Love, love, love.
Bottom line….All five loved this dish and its healthy!!
Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry
- 1 lb. chicken
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 12 oz bag of broccoli mini florets
- Brown rice
- Teriyaki sauce
- Sauté the breasts of chicken in olive oil until slightly brown.
- Take chicken out of saute pan and cut into bite size pieces.
- Salute the peppers, broccoli, and onion in olive oil until slightly tender.
- Cook brown rice bag.
- Throw chicken back into salute pan and cook for a few minutes with veggies.
- Pick out a big serving bowl and toss the chicken and veggies with the freshly cooked brown rice.
- Teriyaki sauce is optional. We used a little in our dishes.