Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry recipe that is delicious, easy to whip up, and a healthy dinner. You could also add more veggies or cashews to this traditional Chinese dish. This is a perfect midweek dinner for busy families.
I love stir fries in general, but this chicken broccoli stir fry recipe tops my list as one of the best tasting stir fries ever.
I think it stems from the perfect sauce in this recipe. Just the right amount of oyster sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and soy sauce come together to form a lip smacking good sauce. After the sauce sinks into the chicken and broccoli in the wok…..oh my goodness, amazingly delicious.
I love healthy chicken and broccoli recipes. There’s something about the combination that is just so delicious and homey at dinnertime. Its also a combination that most people enjoy, so if you’re cooking for a crowd, its a good choice.
I had never made chicken broccoli stir fry with oyster sauce before. Boy, does this sauce kick up the taste in this dish – so good.
Tips for this easy chicken and broccoli stir fry:
- I recently purchased a wonderful wok that I recommend to everyone. It makes cooking stir fries so quick and fun. The clean up is super quick as well.
- Sprinkling sesame seeds on top of the stir fry adds another texture and an added subtle nutty flavor. I highly recommend.
- You can add in almonds or cashews. I would pour about a 1/2 cup in at the same time you are stir frying the broccoli.
- Additional veggies like chopped red or green peppers, or onions are great additions.
Hope you enjoy this tasty chicken broccoli stir fry. Such a great, quick prep dinner to enjoy anytime!
You might also like:
Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry
Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry recipe that is delicious, easy to whip up and a healthy dinner. You could also add more veggies or cashews to this traditional Chinese dish. This is a perfect midweek dinner for busy families.
- 1 lb chicken thighs, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- freshly ground pepper and kosher salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 head of broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
Bring wok or skillet to medium high heat. Season cubed chicken with pepper and salt. Pour vegetable oil in skillet and stir fry chicken for about 4 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet.
Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil to skillet and add in broccoli florets. Stir fry for about 6 minutes, until broccoli is slightly soft. Add 1/4 cup oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, chopped garlic, sesame oil and sugar. Simmer mixture for 1 minute. Add the cooked chicken and toss for 1 minute. Serve with freshly cooked rice and Enjoy! Sprinkle sesame seeds on top if desired.
Adapted from Food Network