Chocolate Chip pecan cookies with orange zest, oh my. I know I’ve said this before, but these might be my new favorite cookie. I am in love with the flavor combo of chocolate, orange, pecan and oatmeal.
The texture of this cookie is phenomenal – chewy, crunchy, zesty….so good.
I also love how easy it is to pull together.
Chewy chocolate chip pecan cookies might be one of my favorite creations ever-add the orange zest, and my favorite just got better. This recipe also does not disappoint on the chewiness front.
For some reason, the orange zest, makes me think of how perfect these will be for a holiday cookie tray. It might be because theses make me think of my Grandmother’s famous orange pecan snowballs recipe only to be made around Christmastime.
While I love chocolate chips (of course), I wonder if chopped up hershey milk chocolate bars would taste even better in this recipe – I will try that next time and report back. I use chocolate chunks in my peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies and I think the chopped chocolate adds quite a bit to that recipe – the pools of chocolate help balance the peanut butter taste perfectly.
I’ve always loved just plain oatmeal chocolate chip pecan cookies too – the addition of oatmeal always works with pecans.
Love, love this recipe. Hope you do too!
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground clove
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add both sugars, salt, and vanilla, and beat until well mixed, about three minutes.
- Stir in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove in a separate bowl.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter with the mixer on low speed.
- Once the flour has been incorporated, add the second half. Stir in the oats, pecans, orange zest, and chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough, by the tablespoon, onto the cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool the cookies on a rack.
- Store at room temperature in a cookie jar or other airtight container.