Hazelnut Chocolate Cookies recipe by Giada is on our favorite desserts list. Toffee is mixed into these cookies too. SO good.
These hazelnut chocolate cookies are the perfect solution when you’re searching for a yummy cookie recipe with hazelnuts.
I love the chocolate covered toffee bits and oats that are included in this decadent hazelnut cookie recipe. Its such an awesome combo.
Chocolate chips, toasted hazelnuts, chopped up heath bar…..does it get any better than that?? Well, maybe chocolate mixed with peanut butter….tough choices. I love the way this recipe yields a slightly crispy on the outside, yet very chewy on the inside texture. The cookies were even better the next day.
Because the toffee pieces are covered in chocolate, these are better than your average toffee chip cookie.
Tips for delicious hazelnut chocolate cookies:
- I increased the amount of heath bar to 8 oz from the original recipe’s 4 oz. Honestly, I could have put in 12 oz (three heath bars), and it still would not have been too much toffee. 🙂
- Be sure to toast the hazelnuts. The woodsy flavor really adds to the multiple flavors in this cookie that make it so special.
This is now my go to recipe to cure cravings for toffee or hazelnuts.
Hope you enjoy it too!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might enjoy these as well:
Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks, at room temperature
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces English toffee candy finely chopped (I used 2 Heath Bars, but you can also use Skor)
- 1 cup hazelnuts toasted, skinned and chopped
- 1 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Line 2 heavy baking sheets with parchment paper.
Finely chop the oats in a food processor.
Transfer the oats to a medium bowl.
Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl until fluffy.
Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended.
Stir in the toffee, hazelnuts, and chocolate chips.
For each cookie, drop 1 rounded tablespoonful of dough onto sheet, spacing 1 inch apart (do not flatten dough).
Bake until the cookies are golden (cookies will flatten slightly), about 15 minutes.
Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes.
Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely. (The cookies can be prepared 1 day ahead. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.)
Source: Food Network