We wanted super chocolatey, super gooey, super rich brownies tonight. Enter, lunch lady brownies. These are decadent.
The frosting is best when spread on the brownies while they are warm. The frosting sinks into the brownie and the top of the frosting becomes a little flaky after it cools. Sooooo, sooooo yummy.
Have you heard of white chocolate m&m’s? I just discovered them today. If you can imagine, its 8 days from October and our local drug store did not have candy corn. What?
Sooo, these candy corn colored m&m’s were the next closest choice for my brownies with a fall flair. 🙂
Can you see how flaky the top of the frosting looks after cooling? So incredibly delicious.
When you’re in the mood for chocolate, highly recommend these gems.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 t vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9 baking pan and line with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with butter spray.
- Add melted butter and cocoa powder into stand mixer. Using paddle attachment, blend until smooth.
- Add the flour and sugar and beat together Add eggs and vanilla just until blended. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Cook browinies for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean. Remove brownies from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Mix all of the frosting ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread frosting over brownies. Enjoy!!