I have tried a multitude of m&m cookie recipes, and I think I can FINALLY say that I have found the BEST m&m cookie recipe out there. And, it is super easy. Easy ingredients, easy to throw together and short cooking time.
I’ve mentioned before that using crisco shortening instead of butter seems to always give a lighter taste to my cookies. And, this was no exception.
The texture of this cookie blends the perfect mix of chewy and crispy. Adding a few extra m&ms on the top of the dough ball before placing in oven is key here. Without the extra three or four candies on top, the cookies will fall slightly short of perfect in the m&m count.
I remember eating m&m cookies growing up and thinking they were just the best treats ever. It always felt like a party when m&m cookies were around. They are so festive, and they make everyone happy.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 cup crisco shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1½ t vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1½ cups m&ms
- In large mixing bowl, mix sugar, shortening, eggs and vanilla together thoroughly.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt to creamed mixture slowly. Blend well.
- Stir in ¾ cup m&ms.
- Drop on parchment paper lined cookie sheet by the teaspoonful. I use the OXO medium cookie dough scooper and highly recommend. Makes the cookie scooping process much more efficient.
- Cook in a preheated 350 degree oven for 9-11 minutes. Eleven minutes was perfect for my oven.
I would suggest trying these morsels of goodness today. Your day will better, I promise.