Best M&M cookies recipe for learning how to make soft and chewy M&M cookies that are easy and quick to whip up. I make this recipe every month – my family loves it!
M&M cookies are so easy and such a delicious treat.
I have tried a multitude of m&m cookie recipes, and I think I can FINALLY say that I have found the BEST m&m cookie recipe out there. And, it is super easy. Easy ingredients, easy to throw together, and short cooking time.
I’ve mentioned before that using crisco shortening instead of butter seems to always give a lighter taste to my cookies. And, this was no exception.
The texture of this cookie blends the perfect mix of chewy and crispy. Adding a few extra m&ms on the top of the dough ball before placing in oven is key here. Without the extra three or four candies on top, the cookies will fall slightly short of the perfect m&m count.
I remember eating m&m cookies growing up and thinking they were just the best treats ever. It always felt like a party when m&m cookies were around. They are so festive, and they make everyone happy.
I’ve decided that due to my love for m&ms in cookies, I will be trying my hand at m&m sugar cookies, m&m oatmeal cookies, m&m chocolate cookies and chocolate chip m&m cookies. Why not? With these tasty morsels, I would think almost any cookie would be a winner.
- You can substitute butter for crisco shortening if you’d like. The texture will be denser than with the shortening. I have tried the recipe both ways and MUCH prefer the shortening version.
- You can place the dough in a 13×9 dish and cook for 25 minutes to create m&m cookie bars.
I would suggest trying these morsels of goodness today. Your day will better, I promise.
If you enjoyed this, you might enjoy these too:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup crisco shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1 1/2 cups M & Ms
In a stand mixer, mix sugar, shortening, eggs, and vanilla together thoroughly, until mixture is light and fluffy.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. On low speed, slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredient mixture in stand mixer.
- Stir in 3/4 cup m&ms.
- Drop on parchment paper lined cookie sheet by the tablespoonful. I use the OXO medium cookie dough scooper and highly recommend. The scooper makes the cookie scooping process much more efficient.
After scooping dough balls onto baking sheet, use the remaining 3/4 cup m&ms to press 3-4 m&ms on top of each dough ball. The cookies look great with a few extra m&ms sitting on top.
- Cook in a preheated 350 degree oven for 9-11 minutes. Eleven minutes was perfect for my oven.
Slightly adapted from Robbi's m&m cookie recipe on AllRecipes.com