Easy and Healthy pan seared cod with pomegranate salsa, served with a side of vegetables, is the perfect, clean eating dinner to spice up your week. One of our favorite Cod Recipes.
I love this dish SO much, and it is now one of our favorite cod recipes.
And, the best part is, this is a healthy, flavorful dinner that you can whip up in 20 minutes.
There are so many flavors in this dish that make it taste so fresh and delicious. Between the cod filets rubbed with cumin, freshly ground black pepper, and kosher salt and the array of flavors in the salsa including fresh pomegranate seeds, freshly chopped cilantro, chopped jalapeños, and chopped red onion, this dish is bursting with deliciousness.
I had never tried a salsa containing pomegranate seeds before, but I can tell you this is something to put at the top of your list to try soon. Its such a perfect side with fish, but I could also see it as a festive dip to bring to a holiday party with yummy corn chips to dip in.
Tips for this pan fried cod recipe:
- Set your oven timer to time the the cooking of your cod filet. I really believe the success of pan frying fish is making sure you hit the cook time correctly. For this dish, 5 minutes for the first side cooked on medium high and 2-3 minutes for the second side. This cook time yields perfection. Crispy on the outside and moist and flaky on the inside.
- For the jalapeños, you can chop up a fresh jalapeño or use canned diced jalapeños. I went the canned route and added 1 teaspoon of the hot diced jalapeños. If your crowd loves the heat, you could go crazy, and add 2 teaspoons.
- For the pomegranate seeds, I used the already prepared container of pomegranate seeds made by Pom Poms. So easy to enjoy pomegranate seeds this way. De-seeding a pomegranate can be fun, if you have loads of time, but if time is not plentiful for you, Poms Poms are so easy and delicious. Yay.
My family loves healthy cod recipes, and I can tell you, this one is moving to the top of our list. This could also be included on your cod recipes paleo list.
I served the cod with a side of my easy sautéed spinach and it was perfect. You could also serve it with a delicious romaine or kale salad.
You just feel so good after eating this healthy pan fried cod dinner. This dish made me remember how much I enjoy cod. I want to work on grilled cod recipes and cod recipes with panko crumbs now. Stay tuned.
Hope you enjoy this as much as we did and that it finds its way to your list of favorite cod recipes!
You might also enjoy:
Pan Seared Cod with Pomegranate Salsa
Easy and Healthy pan seared cod with pomegranate salsa, served with a side of vegetables, is the perfect clean eating dinner to spice up your week.
Pan Seared Cod
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs wild caught cod
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (pom poms)
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1 tsp chopped jalapeno (canned or fresh)
- Juice of one lime
Pan Seared Cod
Pat dry cod filets. Sprinkle and rub cumin, freshly ground black pepper, and kosher salt onto each side of filet.
In a large, deep, non-stick skillet, heat olive oil. Once oil is glistening, add filets into skillet.
On medium high heat, cook filets for 5 minutes on first side. Using a spatula, flip filets over and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Serve with pomegranate salsa and a vegetable side. Enjoy!
Add all ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine.
Adapted from Gimme Some Oven