Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk cookies are filled with chopped milk chocolate Hershey Bars, Oatmeal and Peanut Butter goodness. One of my family’s favorite cookies!
These cookies are quite possibly the best mixture of peanut butter and chocolate in a cookie that I have ever tasted.
The half cup of oatmeal adds a texture that complements the peanut butter and chocolate perfectly.
Chocolate chunks as opposed to chocolate chips make all the difference. Its fun to chop up a chocolate bar and the freshly cut chocolate adds a boost of freshness that you just cannot achieve with chocolate chips.
Tips for these peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies:
- Do not overmix. You want the dough to be light, not sticky.
- I used 4 regular sized Hershey milk chocolate bars chopped for the dough and an extra bar to put a square of chocolate on about half of the cookies. The kids asked that I put the square on all of the cookies next time. It really is good having a melting piece of chocolate on top of the cookie.
You might also like:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup chopped hershey chocolate bars (I used 4 regular sized bars plus 1 bar for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir until just moistened.
- Mix in the oats and chocolate chunks until evenly distributed.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on to lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.