These easy Pecan cookies with brown sugar frosting are melt in your mouth delicious. I love pecan cookies recipes, especially for Christmas, and this is one of my family’s new favorites.
I love pecan cookies in general, but when you add brown sugar frosting on top, oh my goodness, so fabulously delicious.
These truly are melt in your mouth goodness with the buttery frosting dripping off a very soft, chopped pecan filled cookie.
I also love that these pecan cookies are quick to whip up. Just throw the cookie ingredients in the mixer and mix away.
I wish I could say it was a one bowl recipe, but you do need to also use a sauce pan to melt the brown sugar and milk for the frosting. Trust me, its worth the extra pan. The smell of the dark brown sugar and milk cooking together reminded me of brown sugar on top of a bowl of warm cream of rice cereal. SO good.
Really love these types of recipes. The less dishes to clean up, the more I will make it. That’s just the way it works.
Tips for these pecan cookies:
- I used dark brown sugar, but light brown sugar should work as well.
- When rolling the pecan cookie balls of dough, I made some that were about a tablespoon size and some that were 2 tablespoons. The smaller cookies are easy to pop in the mouth when you’re having a sweet craving. The larger ones are more for a full dessert after dinner. These are fairly rich cookies with the icing, but the cookie is soft and light.
- You will want to spread the frosting on the cookies soon after the frosting is done cooking. The frosting will harden up fairly quickly, which gives it a nice crackly finish on the cookie. SO good.
Below is a photo of the cookies, displaying the smaller cookies as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might like these as well:
Pecan Cookies Recipe with Brown Sugar Icing
These easy Pecan cookies with brown sugar frosting are melt in your mouth delicious. I love pecan cookies recipes, especially for Christmas, and this has to be one of my new favorites.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 30 pecan halves or chopped pecans (optional)
Brown Sugar Frosting
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk or cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
Using a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy (a few minutes). Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
Add in flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat until combined. Do not over mix, just until combined. Stir in the chopped pecans.
Cover the dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Shape the pecan cookie dough into 1 inch balls or 2 inch balls and place a few inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until the cookies are set, and lightly browned on the edges. Cool cookies before frosting.
Brown Sugar Frosting
Combine dark brown sugar and milk in a small pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil for about 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat and stir in butter.
Once butter is melted and incorporated, stir in 1 1/2 cups of the sifted powdered sugar with a whisk. If frosting is too thin, add in another 1/2 cup or so of the powdered sugar. (We used all 2 cups of the powdered sugar.)
Frost each cookie with about 1 tablespoon of frosting and top with a pecan or chopped pecans. Let the frosting set before serving.
Adapted from The Recipe Rebel