You know when there’s that one dinner idea that always goes over well with EVERYONE in the family? Well, when I find that magic bullet, I hold onto to it and never forget it.
This perfect salmon dinner is exactly that. Everyone is happy. The combination of these three ingredients below create the perfect salmon for the taste buds in my family.
And, don’t tell anyone, but this dinner is super easy.
In addition to being tasty and easy, salmon is just about one of the healthiest meals out there.
Once I have my salmon filets on the parchment paper, I squeeze FRESH lemon juice all over it. Then, I shake Italian breadcrumbs to cover most of the surface. Lastly, I place thin slices of REAL butter on top. The melted butter on top of the lemon and breadcrumbs creates all kinds of deliciousness. This meal literally disappears within moments of being placed on the table for my family of five.
Above is a photo showing the pre-oven look of my prepared salmon.
I love putting our salmon next to a bed of greens and eating forkfuls of salmon and salad at the same time – SO good. Today, I used the leftover fresh lemon to squeeze the remaining juice on my butter lettuce and radicchio salad – very simple and whole foodie.
I’m trying to eat 80% of my diet the Whole30 way. This meal is about 95% whole30. The breadcrumbs would not be allowed in the Whole30 plan, but if the breadcrumbs make this a dinner my family looks forward to, then so be it. Hence, my personal goal of 80% Whole30.
This filet I cooked alone (it was my lunch today) and only had to cook for 10 minutes at 415 degrees. Typically, I will cook a 1.5 lb salmon for the whole family for about 17 minutes. Either way, this is absolutely delish, and so, so simple.
- Fresh Alaskan Sockeye Salmon
- Italian Breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees.
- Place salmon on parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Squeeze the juice of one whole fresh lemon over the surface of filet.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on filet about a ¼ inch thick.
- Place thin slices of real butter on top of breadcrumbs.
- Cook in preheated oven for 10-17 minutes. (for 1.5 lbs of salmon, 17 mins)
- You will know the salmon is done, when you place a fork in the middle and it flakes easily. Do not overcook, or you'll lose the rich salmon flavor. The fish should still be a deep pink.