I’m beginning to love zucchini noodles. The pairing of zucchini and yellow squash noodles with salmon is perfect. This recipe also happens to include one of my favorite nuts, pistachios, as well as one of my favorite herbs, basil. So, I knew this would be winner after reading the components.
I usually bake my salmon in the oven with butter, lemon juice and breadcrumbs, so pan frying the salmon was new to me, and I wholeheartedly approve of this method. Its so quick and easy. Ten minutes total cooking time to perfection. However, I will say I did not use a non-stick frying pan – you want to use non-stick if at all possible. The skin on the salmon sticks quite easily to a regular pan. Note to self: Buy a large non-stick frying pan.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. All of my five gave this a thumbs up! 🙂
Salmon and Squash Noodles
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 lb yellow squash
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 t salt
- 1/2 t fresh cracked black pepper.
- 4 4 oz filets of wild alaskan salmon
- Grape tomatoes
- Spiralize the zucchini and yellow squash
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high.
- Add squash and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in pistachios and basil.
- Stir salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and cover.
- Season salmon filets with salt.
- In the same pan, cook skin side up over medium-high heat for 4 minutes.
- Serve over squash with a side of sautéed grape tomatoes.
Source: Family Circle Magazine, July 2016