Vanilla Buttercream cupcakes have to be one of my all time favorite desserts. Simple and delicious. Festive and easy to decorate.
This frosting is the absolute best. Fluffy, creamy, just the right amount of sweet. Unbelievably perfect.
Its always a good day for a cupcake. 🙂
Vanilla Buttercream Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted melted butter
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 t milk
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/8 t salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and put a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until light and foamy. In my mixer, it took about 2-3 minutes.
- While beating the eggs, gradually pour in the melted butter and vanilla.
- While mixing on slow speed, add half o the dry ingredients. Then add all the milk and follow with the rest of the dry ingredients. Do not overtax the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly in the prepared cupcake tin.
- Bake until a tester inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean, rotating the tin about halfway through. Cook for 18-20 minutes. It takes 18 minutes in my oven until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes on a rack in the tin for 10 minutes, and then remove from the tin. Cool on the rack completely.
- With an electric mixer, mix butter, sugar, and salt. Beat until well blended.
- Add the milk and vanilla and beat for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy.