Oh my goodness, how I love white chocolate covered brownies. Who knew? I was craving peppermint again after making my peppermint chocolate chip cookies this past weekend, when I came across this recipe for white chocolate and peppermint brownies. The kids and I were watching Elf and I wanted to find something quick to whip up.
Brownies are just inherently less complicated and quicker than cookies, so I opted for these white chocolate and peppermint brownies. The brownie is so so rich and moist and includes 2 cups of chocolate chips.
Top it off with melted white chocolate that hardens after a few hours and you have quite a rich Christmas treat on your hands. I had red and green candy canes sitting around, so decided to crumble those up for a topper. So, so yummy.
As I’ve mentioned before (like yesterday), I just love peppermint during the holidays. These white chocolate and peppermint brownies are a crowd pleaser. They’re, surprisingly, not too sweet given that there are 4 cups of chocolate chips involved in the list of ingredients.
If you are looking for more holiday baking inspiration, you might like these:
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 ounces (2 cups) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces (2 cups) white chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoon canola oil
- ⅔ cup chopped candy canes (4 full size)
- Heat oven to 350° F. Butter a 13x9 inch baking pan. Line with parchment, Butter the parchment paper on both sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and semisweet chocolate. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate and oil in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Spread on top of the cooled brownies with a spatula. Sprinkle with the candies and let set. (It took a few hours for the chocolate to set)
- Holding the paper overhang, lift the brownies out of the pan and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container.