These Baked Chicken Tacos are so delicious and super easy to throw together. By using rotisserie chicken and cooking the tacos in the oven, this dinner takes less than 20 minutes to prepare. Gotta love it!
Since finding this recipe a few months ago, I have made this dish at least five times. It is so darn easy, and everyone in the family loves it so much.
You know those weeknights where everyone has an activity in the late afternoon / early evening and they are all at different times....these tacos are your answer if you'd like something quick for the kids to grab in between school and their activity.
I make the dish, then keep it warming in the oven for the family to serve themselves. I also prepare a bowl with shredded lettuce and salsa or tomatoes for toppings and leave it in the fridge for the fam to use.
What makes this so easy is the use of rotisserie chicken purchased from the grocery store already prepared for me - yay! You just need to use two long pronged forks to easily shred the chicken to prepare for stuffing in the taco shells with the other ingredients.
I really love finding dishes that are loved by everyone, easy to make and that provide a good amount of nutritional value (as you know if you've been following my blog). This dinner fits the bill.
Tips for these Baked Chicken Tacos:
- Line up your taco shells as close as possible in 13x9 inch baking dish. They will hold each other in place as you begin to scoop the chicken mixture into the shells.
- I am able to fit 10-11 shells in my dish.
- Use freshly shredded cheddar cheese. It really makes the flavor much better. I've moved away from buying the already shredded cheese as I feel its typically too dry. And, I figure, if you're going to make a homemade dinner, might as well take the extra shredding step.
- I used fresh mild chunky salsa, but any salsa will work for this dish.
- You can use my Homemade Taco Seasoning instead of buying the packets in the store. It's easy to throw together with spices you probably already have in your cabinet.
So excited to share it with you today. Enjoy!!
You might also enjoy:
Oven Baked Chicken Tacos
Easy oven baked chicken tacos ready to be served in 15 minutes. And, they are Delicious.
- 2 ½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup fresh mild salsa
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 12 hard taco shells
- 1 ½ cups freshly shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 3 oz can sliced black olives
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line a 9x13 inch baking dish with the 12 hard taco shells.
Combine shredded chicken, salsa, and taco seasoning in a bowl. Spoon chicken mixture evenly into all of the taco shells and top with Mexican blend cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has completely melted and chicken is heated through. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy! We like adding shredded lettuce. So good!
Adapted from Six Sisters Stuff