Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken with soy sauce marinated chicken, sautéed onion and celery, and ginger. SO Good and SO perfect for a midweek dinner!
If you're looking for more easy and delicious midweek dinner ideas, you should try Oven Baked Tacos, Crockpot Chicken Curry, Homemade Fried Rice, Thai Basil Chicken, Sausage and Orzo, Crockpot Butter Chicken, and Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas.
Black pepper chicken is my favorite dish at Panda Express.
I love the combination of sautéed chicken, onions and bold black pepper. So glad I finally tried making it at home. The good news is its super easy and quick!
Why has it taken me so long to try making this chicken dish at home? I do not know. Homemade black pepper chicken is fabulous and fresh! I anticipate this dish will be made over and over again in our kitchen.
This is a quick, fresh, and healthy meal to make when you're short on time.
All it takes is the following:
- Saute pan
- Yellow onion
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Soy Sauce
- Ginger Powder
I love one pan meals. They make me so happy.
This dinner is SO simple and rivals black pepper chicken panda express style. After the 30 minute marinade, the browning of chicken and sautéing of veggies takes about 15 minutes.
- Remember to use freshly ground black pepper.
- Set your grinder to large black pepper flakes. I started grinding my pepper with the small flake setting - much better when I adjusted to the large flakes.
- I used chicken thigh meat, but you can also use chicken breast. Lately, I've just been preferring the richer taste of the thigh meat.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. We are confident you will.
Update on 10-1-19: We make this recipe at least once a month. Such a winner! Love it!
Black Pepper Chicken
Panda Express Black Pepper Chicken with soy sauce marinated chicken and sautéed onion and celery. SO Good!
- 4 tablespoons of canola oil
- 1.5 pound chicken breast
- 4 stalks celery thinly sliced on a bias
- ½ medium yellow or white onion chopped into 1 inch squares
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- 1½ tablespoons coarse ground black pepper make sure to set your grinder to big black pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
Cut the chicken into one inch bites.
Combine chicken, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, cornstarch and ground ginger in covered dish or large ziplock bag, and marinade for 30 minutes.
Turn a wok or large sauce pan onto high heat and add 2 tablespoons of canola oil to pan.
When oil is hot and bubbly, add the chicken.
Cook on high heat until browned.
Remove chicken from the pan and add in the celery and onions.
Cook the veggies on high for 30-45 seconds. You do not need to soften the veggies, just toss around and slightly cook them.
Add in the remaining two tablespoons of soy sauce, the remaining ½ tablespoon of chili vinegar, the cooked chicken, and the black pepper.
Cook and stir for 15 seconds to combine everything and and serve immediately.
Adapted from Dinner then Dessert