These easy butterscotch cookies have a unique flavor combination. The toasted pecans atop the crispy cookie provide a perfect balance to the sweetness of the butterscotch.
Butterscotch cookies with pecans is an amazing flavor combination.
Why have I never mixed butterscotch and pecans together before?? So, sooooo, good. The cookie container went from full to the brim to empty in record time in my house.
I am going to work on an oatmeal butterscotch chip cookies recipe soon. I think that flavor combo would work well too. I've been inspired by this butterscotch/pecan combo.
My butterscotch chocolate chip cookies recipe is a family favorite as well. So many ways to enhance butterscotch!
- I used butter flavored crisco instead of butter for this recipe. The crisco creates a lighter tasting cookie with the perfect amount of crunch.
- I used pecan pieces as opposed to chopped pecans. The larger pecan pieces I believe are the perfect choice for this recipe. The pecan flavor shines.
- Since butterscotch chips are sweeter than chocolate chips, I used 1 ½ cups of chips as opposed to my chocolate chip cookies where I always add at least 2 cups.
- I made one cookie tray with a cooking time of 9 minutes and one with 11 minutes. The 9 minute cookies were chewy and the 11 minute cookies were nice and crunchy. Depending on your mood, you can adjust the cook time as you see fit.
I'm not sure why, but these cookies taste like an old fashioned butterscotch cookies recipe. Maybe the toasted pecans?
These are a real treat. Hope you enjoy them as much as we did.
You might also enjoy:
Butterscotch Cookies with Pecans
These butterscotch cookies have a unique and delicious flavor combination. The toasted pecans atop the crispy cookie provide a perfect balance to the sweetness of the butterscotch.
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter flavored crisco
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups butterscotch chips
- ¾ cup roasted, unsalted pecan pieces
Mix together the flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl, set aside.
In a stand or handheld mixer, cream the sugars and crisco together on medium high speed. Add the vanilla in and mix on medium high speed, until combined.
On medium speed, add the eggs in one at a time, mixing, until combined, after each addition.
On low speed, slowly add the flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
Add in the butterscotch chips and pecans and stir with a wooden spoon, until evenly combined.
Drop by the tablespoonful onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place a large pecan piece on top of the cookie and press lightly.
Bake 9-11 minutes at 375F degrees. Cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then move cookies to wire rack for further cooling. Enjoy!