Chocolate peanut butter ritz bars are decadent no bake treats that are quick to throw together and are beyond delicious.
Maybe I should just name this blog, “the chocolate and peanut butter blog”. I think this is my third recipe that involves chocolate and peanut butter together and I just launched this blog six weeks ago.
The truth is, chocolate and peanut butter are just about the best treat ever and we all know it.
So, you can imagine my delight when I discovered yet another way to combine my favorite ingredients for a masterful creation.
Ritz crackers and pretzels? Who would have thought of this combination. I knew it would be a winner with the salty sweet combo, so I jumped in to test it out.
Using crunchy peanut butter for the base of the cookie is very important as it holds the bar together very well. The creamy peanut butter is only used to mix with the chocolate chips when you’re creating the topping.
Tips for these chocolate peanut butter bars:
- Use either plastic wrap gloves or hold a piece of plastic in both hands to push the peanut butter mixture into the pan. Otherwise, it can turn into a sticky mess pretty quick.
- For speed, I used my mini cuisinart food processor for crushing the ritz crackers and it worked really well.
- You definitely need to use crunchy peanut butter for the base of the bar. It adds a nutty texture to the base that is just perfect for this bar. You will use your creamy peanut butter to mix with chocolate for the topping.
This is a keeper. The best part is, this is super easy to throw together and there is no cooking involved. I love refrigerator bars in general, but this one has to be at the top of my list. So delicious. 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe, you will most likely enjoy these chocolate and peanut butter recipes as well:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Pretzel Bars
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted
- 1 cup pretzels, crushed finely
- 1 cup Ritz crackers, crushed finely
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Line 13x9 baking dish with aluminum foil
- In medium bowl, combine melted butter, crushed Ritz crackers, crushed pretzels, powdered sugar and crunchy peanut butter.
Press mixture into foil on the bottom of the dish.
- In small bowl, melt milk chocolate and 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter in microwave in 30 second intervals until melted, stirring after each 30 second interval.
- Pour over peanut butter cracker mix and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chocolate has set before cutting it into squares.