Double chocolate brownies from scratch recipe that are easy, tasty, and the absolute best way to cure your chocolate craving. We used Ghiradelli chocolate chips and Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate bars for this one. You can make these brownies with frosting if you'd like for more of a cake experience.
We LOVE brownies, and think you might also enjoy Rocky Road Brownies, Mocha Cheesecake Brownies, Mint Chocolate Brownies, Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Brownies, Peppermint Fudge Brownies with White Chocolate Frosting and Chocolate Cakelike Brownies with Walnuts.
I was craving a really chocolatey, ooey, gooey, chocolate chip filled double chocolate brownie today, and boy, am I glad I made this recipe.
It definitely fit the bill.
The texture of the brownie inside is chewy and fudgy, the top has the perfect crackle and the insides are filled with melting chocolate chips. Simply decadent.
You will need the following ingredients:
- Salted Butter
- Two Semi-Sweet 4 oz chocolate bars (I used Ghiradelli), chopped
- Granulated Sugar
- Light or Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- All-purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
I really, really love the crackly tops on these brownies. Perfection.
This time, I used Ghiradelli chocolate disks instead of chips and they worked really well.
How to make Double Chocolate Brownies?
- Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until smooth and melted. Remove from heat and cool in a mixing bowl for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Whisk in granulated and brown sugars to chocolate/butter mixture. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well until smooth. Whisk in vanilla.
- Add in flour, cocoa powder, and salt, slowly, just until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cook for 34-37 minutes in the preheated oven.
How do you know when fudge brownies are done?
When you insert a toothpick in the center of the brownies and there are a few moist crumbs on the toothpick, your brownies are done. If there is still wet dough clinging to the toothpick, the brownies need to cook longer (at least a few more minutes).
I hope you enjoy these decadent treats as much as we did. Here's to a double dose of chocolate!
Double Chocolate Brownies
Double chocolate brownies from scratch recipe that are easy, tasty, and the absolute best way to cure your chocolate craving. We used Ghiradelli chocolate chips and Ghiradelli semi sweet chocolate bars for this one.
- ½ cup salted butter (1 stick)
- 2 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate bars (I used Ghiradelli)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light or dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Melt the butter and chocolate in a medium saucepan, stirring occasionally. Once melted and smooth (5 mins), pour mixture into large mixing bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, preheat oven to 350 degrees, and place your oven rack in lower third of your oven, and line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
Once chocolate/butter mixture is cooled for 10 minutes, whisk in granulated and brown sugar. Next, add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla, then slowly whisk in the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Once combined, gently fold in chocolate chips.
Pour mixture into baking pan. Bake for 34-36 minutes, until top is crackly and toothpick inserted in center has a few moist crumbs.
Cool baking dish on wire rack until fully cooled (about 1 hour). Pull brownies out with parchment paper handles and cut brownies to the size you'd like. Serve to a very happy crowd. They're going to love you!
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
Leave a Reply