One pot Italian Sausage and Rice Skillet Dinner is part of our easy and healthy dinners collection for midweek meals that families can enjoy in under 30 minutes.
You might also enjoy Taco Skillet, Thai Basil Chicken, Beef Enchiladas, and Oven Baked Tacos.
Italian sausage and rice skillet...yum.
If you've been following along, you know I love simple and nourishing meals that can be placed on the table in under 30 minutes.
This is why I LOVE this Italian sausage and rice skillet dinner recipe. This will probably be served at my house once a week.
Meat, veggies, soft fluffy rice...so good.
Sausage and white rice recipes are among my family's favorite type of meals. But, there needs to be the right combo of veggie, garnishments and broth for it to be just right. This one makes the mark for my fam.
Tips for this sausage and rice skillet dinner:
- You may substitute the chicken broth with vegetable or beef broth no problem.
- Of course, you may toss in other veggies as well.
- The minute rice will cook in the pan with your dish, but you can also make your rice on the side, and throw your sausage/veggies mix on top to the rice after cooking. I've made it both ways, and they both work! If you make your rice on the side, you will not need to add the broth.
- You can also feel free to swap out red meat sausage with chicken or turkey.
I'm always looking for italian sausage and rice recipes, and I think this one might be at the top of my list.
If you enjoyed this dish, you might like:
Beef Teriyaki Skillet Dinner in 20 minutes
Sausage and Rice Skillet Dinner in 20 minutes
One pot Sausage and Rice Skillet Dinner is part of our "easy dinners collection" for midweek quick and delicious dinners. This is a healthy and easy dinner for families to enjoy anythime.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb mild italian pork sausage (cut into ½ inch slices)
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 2 cups minute rice
- fresh parsley for garnish
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet.
Add pork sausage to to skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until nicely browned. Be sure to stir frequently while cooking to ensure all pink spots are cooked.
Remove sausages from skillet and set aside (its best to use a slotted spoon so the grease drips back into pan).
Add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to skillet.
Stir in chopped onions and peppers. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 4 minutes until veggies have softened up a bit. Stir occasionally.
Add garlic to pan and coninue to cook for 1 more minute. (I buy jars of already minced garlic - such a timesaver)
Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
Stir in rice (minute rice for quick cooking) and cooked sausage.
Turn down the heat to medium-low, cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat and stir. The rice should be cooked and fluffy.
Sprinkle chopped parsley on top of sausage rice mixture and serve immediately. So good and so nourishing.
Leave a Reply