This pasta soup with ground beef and veggies is such an easy comfort food to whip up for a healthy midweek dinner. Using your dutch oven or stock pot, this is a one pot dinner.
We love using our dutch oven and crockpot. As such, we have a number of recipes utilizing these awesome kitchen tools including Chicken Curry in Dutch Oven, Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, Moroccan Chicken in Dutch Oven, and Crockpot Butter Chicken.
Ground beef, celery, carrots, onions, garlic, and spaghetti noodles create the perfect pasta soup. Who knew?
I had never thought about making a pasta soup with spaghetti before this recipe. You guys, its surprisingly delicious!!
And, this pasta soup fills your need for a warm comfort food. And, who doesn’t enjoy a good comfort food meal?
The soup is even better the next day, after the noodles have soaked up the tomatoes and chicken stock flavors even more. The soup really reminds me of a traditional Italian pasta soup that I used to enjoy at a cute little Italian restaurant we used to frequent growing up. So, so good.
Tips for this beef pasta soup:
- Use a dutch oven or a stock pot, where you can cook the ground beef and onions, then just keep adding in the rest of the ingredients. The flavors from the beef and onion stay in the dish and make the soup pop with so much flavor. Plus, it makes this pasta soup a one pot meal. My favorite.
- I love the stringy spaghetti noodles in this soup for something different, but you can absolutely use other noodle shapes you have in your cupboard, like rotini or ziti.
- For a tomato pasta soup or if you’re looking for pasta soup recipes vegetarian style, you can skip the ground beef and add more of the veggies. You can throw in zucchini as well. I love zucchini in a yummy soup.
- If you’re looking for chicken pasta soup recipes, simply swap the ground beef for 1 lb of chopped, cooked cubed chicken or use a rotisserie chicken, and cut bite size pieces for the soup. Add the cubed or rotisserie chicken in, after the noodles have softened. Cook the soup with the chicken on medium low for 5 minutes with the chicken before serving.
I hope you enjoy this one as much as we did. Remember to heat up the leftovers, for school lunches, or dinner the next day. So, so good.
You might also like:
Pasta Soup with Veggies
Pasta soup with ground beef and veggies that is such an easy comfort food to whip up for a healthy midweek dinner. Using your dutch oven or stock pot, this is a one pot dinner.
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 14 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 4 cloves diced garlic (or 3 tsp prepared minced garlic)
- 6 fresh basil leaves or 2 tsp dry basil
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 lb spaghetti noodles
In dutch oven or large stock pot, brown the ground beef. Add carrots, celery, onion, tomatoes, oregano, garlic, basil, chicken stock, and spaghetti noodles to the pot.
Bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Move spaghetti noodles around with wooden spoon or tongs to ensure they do not stick together. Once boiling, immediately turn down to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve in large bowls and enjoy!! You might need a spoon and a fork for this one.
Adapted from Created By Diane