Easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe that produces chewy and soft cookies with a secret ingredient of peanut butter chips!
We love all peanut butter and chocolate recipes here. A few of our favorites include Chocolate Sugar Cookies, Peanut Butter Fudge, Peanut Butter Cookies with Honey Roasted Peanuts, Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Bars and Chocolate Peanut Butter Ritz Bars.
This recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies has so many delicious elements to it…where to start…how about chocolate chips AND peanut butter chips in one cookie – yes please.
I had never seen a peanut butter cookie recipe include peanut butter chips as well, and then to add semi sweet chocolate chips to the mix, yum.
Also, I LOVE cookie recipes that call for rolling the dough in granulated sugar before placing on the cookie tray to prepare for cooking. That added crunch of the sugar crystals take these cookies to the next level.
These are very soft peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. You know how some are too crunchy and not very chewy, not the case here – delectably soft and delish.
If you’re in the mood to cook easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, this recipe is your ticket. Yum.
Not only easy, but unique with the peanut butter chips, and the rolling in the sugar. When you bite into this cookie, it light and airy with a slight crunch at the top and soft inside. The melting peanut butter chips and chocolate chips are the perfect combo.
These unique cookies will be a perfect addition to your Christmas cookie platter this season.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might like:
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup peanut butter at room temperature I used smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- For sprinkling: 1 tablespoon sugar regular or superfine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the flour, the baking soda, the baking powder, and the salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and the peanut butter together until fluffy.
- Add the sugars and beat until smooth.
- Add the egg and mix well.
- Add the milk and the vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Stir in the peanut butter and chocolate chips.
- Place sprinkling sugar — the remaining tablespoon — on a plate. (I used several tablespoons if we're being honest)
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls into the sugar, then onto ungreased cookie sheets, (I used parchment paper) leaving several inches between for expansion. Using a fork, lightly indent with a crisss-cross pattern (I barely pushed my fork down to keep them fluffier on top), but do not overly flatten cookies. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Do not overbake.
- Cookies may appear to be underdone, but they are not. (And, believe this one, they do look underbaked - just take them out - I promise after cooling, they are perfect and drool worthy.)
- Cool the cookies on the sheets for 1 minute, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
Source: Adapted from Smitten Kitchen