These easy and delicious peanut butter cookie bars with M&Ms are flaky and crispy on the top and chocolate and peanut butter filled on the inside. Such a decadent treat.
If you enjoy peanut butter, we have got you covered with more delicious peanut butter recipes including Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Fudge, Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, and Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Bars.
These bars are surprisingly delicious. I thought they might just taste like another ‘ol bar with m&ms. Not the case.
These are light, fluffy, incredibly flavorful bars. The top is slightly crunchy and the peanut butter dough, loaded with m&ms, is rich and delicious.
I think I was worried they would be too greasy with so much peanut butter in them, but the combo of ingredients yields a perfectly moist bar with flaky, crispy top.
- You could swap out the m&ms for chocolate chips and create chocolate chip peanut butter cookie bars. They would be equally as delicious.
- You could also skip any additions, and make them simply peanut butter cookie bars without chocolate.
- The bars are a great base peanut butter bar recipe. You could transform these into peanut butter cookies bars with peanut butter frosting or peanut butter cookie bars with chocolate frosting.
You will be surprised how quickly these delicious bars come together.
We really enjoyed these cookie bars, and we hope you do too!
You might also enjoy:
Peanut Butter Cookie Bars with M&Ms
These easy and delicious peanut butter cookie bars with M&Ms are flaky and crispy on the top and chocolate and peanut filled on the inside. Such a decadent treat.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup M&Ms
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 8 inch square baking pan.
Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
In a stand mixer, on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter and mix well. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
Reduce mixer speed to low. Add the flour mixture a little at a time, mixing until almost blended. Stir in the M&Ms.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned
Adapted from Bake or Break