Pesto Salmon cooked in foil with fresh veggies is an easy and healthy dinner you can whip up in under 30 minutes.
You guys, I am so thrilled to share this pesto salmon recipe with you today.
I LOVE seeing my kids enjoy salmon. Its just so darn good for you and really easy to prepare. I was stuck on my usual recipe of bread crumb salmon for quite some time and really wanted to branch out.
I did not want to risk wearing out the tastebuds of my fam when it came to salmon.
This pesto salmon baked in foil is your answer if you too find yourself in the same predicament.
Steps for Delicious Salmon cooked in foil:
- I buy a couple pounds of the frozen wild alaskan salmon each week from Trader Joe’s for my recipe creations, and am always happy with the quality.
- I defrost the salmon filets still in their wrappers in a big bowl of cold water. It usually takes about 30+ minutes for a pound and a half of salmon to defrost this way.
- After defrosting, place a salmon filet in the aluminum foil, squeeze lemon juice all over the salmon, then spread delicious pesto over the salmon, followed by a handful of green beans. Wrap the aluminum foil tightly around the pesto salmon and place in the oven. It is seriously that simple.
- While I normally bake my salmon for 17 minutes for a pound and a half of salmon, you will need to cook this recipe longer since its wrapped in foil. For us, a pound and a half needed to be cooked for 30 minutes in a 400 degree oven for it to be at its perfect flakiness in the center of the filet.
- You could try this dish with different vegetables including zucchini or carrots. The green beans work beautifully, but carrots and zuccini should do well too.
- You can also try this with a cod fillet.
The salmon is SO moist and the pesto is a surprisingly wonderful complement to salmon- my kids LOVE it. I buy the basil pesto in the refrigerated section in Trader Joes. Super yummy.
Now I need to create the my own homemade pesto sauce. Stay tuned.
Try pesto salmon baked in foil, I promise you’ll be surprised how darn yummy this very simple dish is.
If you like this recipe, you might like this one too:
Foil Baked Pesto Salmon
- 2 lbs Wild Alaskan Salmon
- 2 lemons
- 8 oz pesto sauce
- Couple handfuls of fresh green beans chopped into approx. 1 inch strips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place salmon filet in foil.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice all over the salmon.
- Spread pesto over salmon (as much as you want really)
- Throw the green beans on top or on the bottom of the salmon. Note: The beans will be crunchier if placed on top of salmon, which is how we prefer it. But softer is good too, just throw underneath the filet.
- Wrap foil around salmon.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes. This is an approximate time for 1 1/2 pounds of salmon. Check your salmon for flakiness in the middle - when that happen, its time to remove the salmon from the oven.
- SO good.
Adapted from Jamie Oliver