Soft pumpkin chocolate chip cookies that are easy to make and are absolutely DELICIOUS. This is the best pumpkin chocolate chip cookies recipe I’ve found.
We love pumpkin so much. Because of this, you will find many delicious pumpkin focused recipes here including Pumpkin Donuts, Pumpkin Cobbler with Pecans, Pumpkin Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Muffins, Moist Pumpkin Bread with Brown Butter Maple Icing, and Flour Bakery’s Super Pumpkiny Pumpkin Pie.
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are one of the best treats about the changing of seasons from summer to fall.
I absolutely LOVE fall. Cinnamon scented pinecones start showing up at the grocery store, there’s a crispness to the air, and pumpkins and pumpkin recipes start coming out in full force.
One of my favorite recipes to start the season with is these amazing pumpkin cookies.
My Mom found this recipe in a newspaper many years ago, and made them every year for us beginning at the end of September. I always looked forward to these cookies.
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies?
You need a a stand mixer or hand mixer, and a separate bowl for mixing dry ingredients. Mix all of the dry ingredients in one bowl and set aside. In your stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix well. Add in about 1/3 of the dry ingredients and 1/3 of pumpkin, mix well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips. Scoop dough onto baking sheets and bake for 20-25 minutes.
These are more cakey than chewy pumpkin cookies. Luckily, these are also very easy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies to throw together with ingredients you most likely already have in your cupboards.
- Be sure to pay attention to the recipe and alternate the dry ingredients and the pumpkin, mixing after each addition. By mixing this way, you will achieve the cakey consistency that makes these cookies so special.
- Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scooper for scooping the dough out for these cookies (the scooper should be overflowing with dough). Its the perfect size for this recipe. Feel free to make size larger or smaller. Either works well!
I love the addition of oatmeal to this recipe. I guess I can consider the cookies somewhat healthy – there is oatmeal in them – Yay!
Pumpkin, oatmeal and chocolate chips. Too yummy.
You might also like:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cup semi sweet morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Cream butter; gradually add sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Alternate dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well.
- Stir in morsels.
For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup dough onto a parchment paper-lined or lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.