These easy one bowl pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are bursting with pumpkin flavor highlighted by semi-sweet chocolate chips.
If you're in the mood for pumpkin recipes, you might also enjoy my Pumpkin Cobbler with Pecans, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, and Moist Pumpkin Bread with Browned Butter Maple Icing.
The pumpkin chocolate chip muffins at Mel's Kitchen Cafe inspired this recipe that is certain to be a mainstay in our collection of pumpkin recipes.
The reasons I LOVE this recipe so much include:
- You can mix up these babies in one bowl! Yay.
- The ingredients are EASY and you probably already have them in your cupboard.
- They have the perfect amount of sweetness.
- They are so pretty to give as gifts during the holidays.
- Everyone loves pumpkin muffins.
- They make me think of Fall and that makes me happy.
Ingredients you will need:
- All-purpose flour
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Kosher Salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 15 ½ oz can of pumpkin puree
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
How to make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins?
- In one large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients.
- Mix all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips until you do not see white from the dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using an ice cream scooper, fill each cupcake holder ⅔ full.
- Place in preheated to 350-degree oven and cook for 18 minutes.
- Cool and serve.
Tips for these chocolate chip pumpkin muffins:
- Instead of softened butter, you can melt the stick of butter for quicker prep time.
- The original recipe calls for 9 oz of pumpkin puree, but using the whole 15 ½ oz can yields more muffins and a richer pumpkin flavor. If you only have 9 oz of pumpkin puree, the recipe will still be delicious.
- Do not over-mix. Once the white from the dry ingredients disappear, stop stirring. Over stirring will yield a denser muffin.
You should make these today. You'll be in a festive Fall mood if you do.
Now, I need to buy more pumpkins for my front porch. Happy Fall!