Reese’s Pieces Cookies that are soft, chewy, and filled with peanut butter and chocolate goodness. These cookies are a very unique treat!
If you enjoy chocolate and peanut butter treats, you should definitely try Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Bars, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies, and Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.
Wow, who knew that Reese’s pieces cookies could be so Delicious.
It tastes like a little burst of peanut butter mixed in with traditional chocolate chip cookie dough. The candy shells add just a touch of chocolate to create a perfect cookie experience.
This is an easy one-bowl recipe that you can whip up so quickly with ingredients that you most likely already have in your cupboard:
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- Baking Soda
- All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Reese’s pieces
The dough is quick to create, but you do have to chill the dough for at least 2 hours in the fridge. It is important due to the melted butter in the recipe. To prevent the cookies from spreading out too much while cooking, the chilling is a MUST.
There are several variations you could consider for this recipe:
- If you prefer more chocolate, you could add 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and 3/4 cup Reeses Pieces.
- White Chocolate chips can also be substituted in for part of the Reese’s pieces.
- Make sure to monitor the cooking time. You want to achieve browning on the edges and no shine from the dough in the middle. For my oven, it took 14 minutes. I put 11-15 minutes for cooking time because ovens can vary, and I do not want you to overcook it.
- Make sure to keep them on the baking pan for 10 minutes after removing from the oven. They will finish their cooking process during this time. After 10 minutes, place cookies on wire rack to finish cooling.
Hope you enjoy these Reese’s cookies as much as we did.
Reese’s Pieces Cookies
Reese's Pieces Cookies that are soft, chewy, and filled with peanut butter and chocolate goodness. These cookies are a very unique treat!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup reeses pieces candy
Melt butter. Place melted butter in stand mixer. Add the brown sugar and white sugar and cream together on low speed, until smooth.
Mix in vanilla and egg on medium speed, just until smooth.
Mix in baking soda and salt on low/medium speed. Next, add in flour slowly and mix just until just combined on low/medium speed. Do not overmix.
Using a 2 tbsp cookie dough scooper, scoop dough balls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. (You can place the dough balls close together as you will be chilling the dough on the tray for 2 hours in the refrigerator.)
Cover dough balls with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
At the end of chilling time, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove dough ball tray from refrigerator. Line a second baking tray with parchment paper and take half of the doughballs off the first tray and evenly spread out dough balls onto the second tray to prepare for cooking.
Bake cookies for 11-15 minutes, until the edges are slightly brown and the tops are no longer glossy.
Cool cookies on baking sheets for 10 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on wire racks.
Adapted from Crazy for Crust