Greek Salad Recipe that is easy and healthy filled with chopped veggies and feta cheese. This is always a hit at potlucks!
Greek Salad is my favorite type of salad if I must be healthy for lunch or dinner.
I’ve been looking for just the right recipe to fill my need for a go to greek salad when I’m craving one. This easy greek salad recipe more than fits the bill. Lots of fresh veggies, feta cheese, red onion and the perfect homemade greek salad dressing recipe.
There are many fish recipes that I’m always looking for a good side to complement the fish. It is the perfect side dish for my salmon and cod recipes that I make over and over again.
Greek salad is one of the few salads that I actually crave. I think its the tanginess of the vinaigrette mixed with the feta cheese and veggies that make it a unique flavor combo and difficult to find in any other dish.
I like that the veggies are cut in larger chunks than I’m used to with other greek salad recipes. I think this is one of the reasons I believe this is the best greek salad recipe I have found to date.
For the calamata olives, I used the sliced version to save time on the chopping. I’m a huge fan of calamata olives-they make everything better. 🙂
This is now my go to greek salad. So excited to have finally found the right mix of everything for the perfect greek salad.
Scrumptious Greek Salad
- 1 hothouse cucumber unpeeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper large diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper large diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1.2 medium sized red onion sliced in half rounds
- 1/2 pound feta cheese
- 1/2 cup calamata olives sliced and pitted
- 2 cloves garlic minced (I used my mini cuisinart food processor)
- 1 t dried oregano
- 1/2 t dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oli
- Place the cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and red onion in a large bowl.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. still whacking, slowly add the olive oil to make an emulsion. Pour the vinaigrette over the veggies. Add the feta cheese and olives and toss lightly.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Slightly adapted from Ina Garten
You can adjust the vinaigrette dressing depending on how much dressing you typically prefer for your salads. I will be cutting the vinaigrette ingredients in half next time. I found the measurements above to be a bit too oily.