I was craving something spicy and I wanted my greens for dinner as well.
Taco salad is the answer, my friends, when spicy and greens are on your mind.
I used a mixture of leafy romaine greens and butter lettuce (my new favorite greens combo). The ground beef was spiced with the Trader Joe’s taco spice mix. This mix is extra spicy…a little goes a long way. We only used half of the package.
The plump fresh grape tomatoes, olives, and cheddar/jack cheese combo were delicious together.
Here’s the recipe for this very quick to throw together dinner.
Spicy Taco Salad
- 1 lb ground beef
- Leafy Romaine Greens
- Butter Lettuce
- Cheddar and Jack cheese combo shredded
- 8 oz can black sliced olives
- 8 oz grape tomatoes
- sour cream
- fresh salsa
- Cook ground beef until brown and crumbly.
- Mix in taco spice mix.
- Toss greens with all ingredients.
- I put the sour cream and salsa on the side for the dinner guests to use as needed. I also tried pouring caesar dressing on half of the salad. It was a perfect complement to the spicy beef. 🙂