Easy and healthy sweet potato souffle with marshmallows and pecans. This is an easy and delicious dish to whip up for the Holidays.
This is a delicious fluffy sweet potato souffle recipe that we love making for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
This recipe comes from my husband's side of the family and has been around for three generations now.
I finally sat down to record this delicious dish on the blog. The recipe here includes tweaks I have learned over the years to master this yummy dish.
I think sweet potato souffle with marshmallows is the only way to go. The recipe only has a ¼ cup of brown sugar, so the marshmallows round out the sweetness well.
Ingredients needed for this Sweet Potato Souffle:
- Canned yams
- Brown Sugar
- Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- Raisins (optional)
How to Make Sweet Potato Souffle?
- Strain yam juice from cans and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Heat yams over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Place yams in bowl of stand mixer.
- Add in butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, brown sugar, and whip with the whisk attachment.
- Add in beaten eggs and ½ cup of reserved yam juice and whip until fluffy and smooth.
- Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Pour yam mixture into 6x9 baking dish and smooth out top with a spatula.
- Cook in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Open oven door and place 6 rows of 4 marshmallows on top.
- Cook for 5 more minutes until marshmallows are slightly browned.
- Serve and Enjoy!
We served this souffle at Thanksgiving and it was loved by all. The sweetness of the dish mixed with the stuffing and potatoes is the perfect balance.
I plan on making this for Christmas as well.
I hope you love this dish as much as we do!
Its a super easy recipe to whip up, yet tastes like you slaved in the kitchen all day. Gotta love it!
Sweet Potato Souffle
Easy and healthy sweet potato souffle with marshmallows.
- 60 oz can of yams in syrup
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ⅓ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ⅓ cup raisins (optional)
- 20 jumbo size marshmallows
Strain juice from cans of yams and set aside.
Preheat oven to 325.
Pour yams in pot on stove and heat for about 5 minutes.
Place warmed yams in bowl of stand mixer.
Add in butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla.
Whip yams with whisk attachment on mixer.
Add in beaten eggs and about ½ cup of the reserved yam juice. Whip until smooth.
Stir in pecans and coconut.
Pour yam mixture into 6x9 baking dish. Smooth out top with spatula.
Cook for 27 minutes. Open oven and place marshmallows on top. About 6 rows of 4 marshmallows.
Cook for another 5 minutes, until marshmallows are lightly browned.
Remove from oven and Enjoy!
Leave a Reply