We were all having a sweet craving after our delicious polenta and veggies dinner last night. I had been wanting to use the marshmallows lurking in our cupboard for the past few weeks.
Enter, the idea of s’mores bars. I have made seven layer brownies before, but never s’mores bars, which incidentally have five layers.
I forgot how amazingly delicious fresh graham cracker crust was until I took my first bite of these delicious bars last night
Graham crackers with chocolate and marshmallows are incredible on their own, but then we add sweetened condensed milk and cookie dough to the mix, and oh my.
Pouring the cookie dough on the graham cracker crust is a little tricky. I tried to flatten a dollop of dough in my hands and then place on top of the graham cracker crust. Rinse and repeat and cover the crust as best you can.
Even if you do not cover the entire crust, they are still perfect. Once you add the chips, marshmallows and sweetened condensed milk, the ingredients all blend together to create perfection.
I think I might have a new favorite dessert for this week. 🙂
- 12 graham cracker sheets, crushed
- 8T butter, melted
- 2T sugar
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼t salt
- ¼t baking powder
- ¾t granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1t vanilla
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13x9 baking dish.
- In large bowl, mix 12 sheets of graham crackers, 8T butter, and 2T sugar. Press crust in bottom of pan. Note: it helps to press down with saran wrap. (this reduces the sticking)
- In a different bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Beat together ¾ cup sugar and ½ cup unsalted butter, until creamy, about two minutes. Mix in egg and vanilla until fully combined.
- Carefully spread the cookie dough on top of the graham cracker crust. I found it easiest to flatten the dough in my hands and place on top of the crust.
- Spread the chocolate chips and marshmallows evenly over the dough. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the chips and marshmallows.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops of the marshmallows are golden brown. After cooling, you can put these in the fridge and cut them the next day or you can spoon the bars into a bowl and eat them with a spoon. We ate them both ways - I personally liked the fridge way the best. 🙂