These moist banana chocolate chip muffins are so yummy and so easy. These are the muffins most requested for birthday treats to bring to school when my kids are celebrating their birthdays in class.
This recipe is for banana chocolate chip muffins with oil. I know there are many ways to make your muffins moist. This recipe includes a half cup of oil and half cup of plain yogurt.
You can substitute the oil and yogurt with the following:
- Sour cream
Even though this recipe includes oil, these taste like healthy banana chocolate chip muffins. I think the cup of smashed banana overpowers the other tastes and you can taste that kick of health.
When you’re looking for a banana chocolate muffin recipe, this is a keeper. I have made this recipe with yogurt and with sour cream. Both versions are fabulous.
I think the reason these banana chocolate chip muffins are our favorite is the consistency. The recipe always turns out great.
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, oil, yogurt (or sour cream) and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, just until moistened. Do not overmix.
- Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full. I always use the cups for ease of cleaning.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. My muffins are typically done at 22 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans.
- Place muffins on wire racks and cool an additional 10-25 minutes.