Chocolate Brownie recipe from scratch that is gooey, chocolatey and easy to whip up for a quick homemade treat.
This double chocolate brownie recipe with walnuts cured my chocolate brownie craving immediately. I have tried many brownie recipes before and I’m choosing this fudge brownies recipe to place on my blog, because its the best.
Its important to buy good quality walnuts to really kick up the flavor a notch or two. I found California Walnuts at Trader Joe’s that are super fresh and complement the cocoa powder and chocolate chips so well.
I also sifted powdered sugar on top of these beauties. Its such a small, subtle addition, but wow does it add to the fantastic taste of these brownies. I think its the additional texture of the powdered sugar that adds to the overall taste.
Tips for this Chocolate Brownie recipe:
- Use good quality walnuts that are Fresh. I have made the mistake in the past of using walnuts that were close to their due date – it ruined the brownie. Nice fresh and crunchy walnuts are the goal.
- After mixing the eggs with chocolate and sugar over heat, remember to remove from the heat to cool. If you leave the mixture on the stove too long, the eggs might cook, and that would not be a good thing for our brownies.
This will be the brownie recipe with cocoa powder that I refer to when I feel the need to make a chocolate brownies recipe from scratch in the future (which will be often). 🙂
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
You might also enjoy:
Chocolate Brownie Recipe with Walnuts
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9"x9" square baking pan.
- In a double boiler over low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips together and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
When the chocolate/butter mixture has cooled a little, whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Make sure to cool (this is important), otherwise the eggs will cook.
Add the dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.
Use small sifter to sprinkle powdered sugar on top of warm brownies.
Slightly adapted from All Recipes.