These double chocolate walnut brownies cured my chocolate brownie craving immediately. I have tried many brownie recipes and I’m choosing this one to place on my blog, because its the best. This will be the recipe I refer to when I need to make chocolate walnut brownies from scratch in the future (which will be often). 🙂
Its important to buy good quality walnuts to really kick up the flavor a notch or two. I found these California Walnuts at Trader Joe’s and they are super fresh and complement the cocoa powder and chocolate chips so well.
I also sifted powdered sugar on top of these beauties. Its such a small, subtle addition, but wow does it add to the fantastic taste of these brownies.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
- ¾ cup butter
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ t baking powder
- ½ t vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9"x9" square baking pan.
- In a double boiler over low heat, melt butter and chocolate chips together and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- When the chocolate/butter mixture has cooled a little whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Note: it is important to cool the chocolate/butter mixture or the eggs will cook.
- Add the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.Stir in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean.