Healthy and Easy ground turkey dinner with peppers and onions is quick to throw together, a one pot meal, and loved by families for a warm comfort food dinner.
I love simple dinners that are tasty and healthy.
This healthy ground turkey dinner with peppers and onions comes together so quickly in one pan, and is so very delicious.
From start to finish, you can have this dinner on the table in 20 minutes.
Tips for this healthy ground turkey recipe:
- Use a large, deep saute pan. I use my 13 1/2 inch saute pan for dishes like this one and it is plenty of room. You could use a 12 inch pan and it should work fine. You just want enough room to be able to push the veggies to the side where they are not over the burner while the turkey cooks. This larger saute pan comes in very handy for many one pot dishes.
- For spices, we used chipotle powder, but chili powder works great as well. You could also use cumin. Adjust the seasoning to your tastes.
- I really love red pepper with this dish, but green pepper would work well too.
- The chopped cilantro really adds a nice pop of flavor and texture atop this dish.
- You can serve this dinner as is for a protein/veggie dinner and put it in your collection of low carb ground turkey recipes or serve it atop a bed of fluffy rice. Both ways are Delicious!
I hope you enjoy this recipe. This dish reminds me of how simple putting together a yummy dinner really can be when you’re short on time.
This delicious dinner is being filed in our ground turkey and rice recipes vault for many future uses, I’m sure.
Ground Turkey Dinner with Peppers
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- pinch of kosher salt
Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive to sauce pan over medium-high heat.
Add the onions and bell peppers. Cook for a few minutes, until softened. Add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
With a wooden spoon, push the veggies to the side of the pan off the burner. Add one tablespoon of oil to the empty side of the pan and add in the ground turkey, breaking up with the spoon. Sprinkle the salt and chipotle powder over the turkey.
Let turkey cook until browned on one side, then turn over and cook the other side, until cooked through. Sprinkle with additional salt and chipotle powder to taste.
Stir the sautéed veggies in with the cooked turkey until incorporated. Add in chopped cilantro and stir into mixture. Heat for another minute.
Serve and enjoy!!