Mini tomato basil salad, I LOVE…. Super simple, super delicious and super healthy. With my new craze of popping fresh basil into my cute little mini food processor, I keep gravitating to recipes that include basil. Tomatoes, basil and vinaigrette are wonderful together. These are the ONLY ingredients in this dish. Yay for simple.
I took a couple handfuls of grape tomatoes and sliced them in half. I always feel like the taste of the mini tomato is fresher when its sliced in half. Then I threw a handful of fresh basil leaves in my mini food processor and chopped for a few seconds. I threw the basil in the big mixing bowl with the tomatoes with a vinaigerette dressing and voila!, deliciousness.
We also had salmon on the side for the complete dinner. We had leftovers of this salad and I have to say, it was even better the next day with the tomato and basil flavors fully working together.
I’m so enjoying the taste of fresh basil that I might motivate myself to grow basil in my backyard soon. The smell of fresh basil fills your kitchen with the most incredible smell of freshness.
Hope you enjoy this simple salad as much much as I do.
- A few handfuls of mini grape tomatoes, sliced in half (about 40 tomatoes)
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Vinaigrette dressing of your choice
- Place tomatoes in large serving bowl
- Finely chop the basil leaves in food processor
- Mix chopped basil leaves in with tomatoes
- Toss tomatoes and basil with vinaigrette dressing