Peanut Butter cookies that are soft, chewy and slightly crispy on top are the best. This peanut butter cookie recipe is easy to throw together and produces the perfect cookie.
Peanut Butter cookies that melt in your mouth are the best kind of cookies. Guess what? These are melt in your mouth cookies.
Once upon a time, there was craving….a strong one….for peanut butter cookies…..you know what I’m talking about.
Last night, as I was thinking about the salmon dinner I had planned, my mind went to dessert (of course). PEANUT BUTTER was all I could think about. I wanted a soft chewy peanut butter cookie and I had to have one tonight. I also wanted to sprinkle granulated sugar on top of my chewy peanut butter cookie.
I also was looking forward to making the fork prints in the dough before placing in the oven. Love, love, love everything about making peanut butter cookies. 🙂
I’ve made peanut butter cookies with chocolate chunks and peanut butter cookies with hershey kisses a million times before as well. But last night, I wanted peanut butter and peanut butter alone.
The recipe I’m about to share with you produces one of the best peanut buttery doughs I have ever tasted. Next time, I make this, I will be quadrupling the recipe and freezing the dough, so I can make another batch in a instant.
Tips for soft peanut butter cookies:
- I cooked my peanut butter cookies for 10 minutes, and found the cookies to still be very soft, but this is OK. They do settle after cooling for about 15 minutes on a wire rack.
I love soft peanut butter cookies. If you like more crunch in your cookie, you can always cook them a bit longer, and they’ll still be delicious…..of this, I’m certain.
I hope this recipe finds you when you are in your time of need for the perfect traditional peanut butter cookie.
You might like these too:
Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup one stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- Granulated sugar about 5 T
- In large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and peanut butter, until well blended (in my Kitchenaid Artisan Mixer, the batter looked light and fluffy when I was done)
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well
- In small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Gradually add to peanut butter mixture, beat until well blended
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls
- Roll balls in granulated sugar
- Place dough balls on parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- With fork, flatten dough balls, then flatten again in opposite direction forming criss cross marks
- Bake 9-10 minutes until lightly browned and almost set
- Once you remove from oven, cool for 3 minutes, then slide cookies while still on parchment paper to wire rack to cool for additional 15 minutes.
Adapted from Food.com