I absolutely LOVE fall. Cinnamon scented pinecones start showing up at the grocery store, there’s a crispness to the air, and pumpkins and pumpkin recipes start coming out in full force.
One of my favorite recipes to start the season with is my pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
I love the addition of oatmeal to this recipe. The pumpkin tastes amazing with the chocolate chips.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- ½ t salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanila
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 1½ cup semi sweet morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Cream butter; gradually add sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Alternate dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well.
- Stir in morsels.
- For each cookie, drop ¼ cup dough onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.