Amish Cookies recipe that creates pillowy soft sugar cookies that melt in your mouth. Pennsylvania Dutch recipes include many incredible desserts, like this one. These are perfect for your Christmas cookie platter, or really any time of the year.
If you're looking for more cookie recipes that you might like to add to a Christmas cookie platter, you should try Orange Zest Snowballs, Chocolate Cornflake Cookies, Candy Cane Cookies, Brown Sugar Cookies, Butterscotch Haystacks, Chocolate Sugar Cookies, and Christmas Sugar Cookies.
Amish cookies are so velvety smooth.
The granulated sugar adds just the right amount of texture to all sides of the cookie.
They are brilliant in their simplicity, because, somehow, the simple ingredients in this cookie combine to create a wonderful, uniquely textured sugar cookie.
Ingredients for Amish Sugar Cookies:
- Unsalted Butter
- Vegetable Oil
- Granulated Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- Vanilla Extract
- All-purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Cream of Tartar
See? Easy peasy ingredients.
How to Make Amish Cookies?
Several very simple steps to fabulous cookies. And, it is all done in ONE bowl. Yay!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, mix the softened butter, oil, and sugars, until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Scoop out dough in 2 tbsp size chunks, roll in your hands, then roll dough ball in granulated sugar.
- Place dough balls on parchment paper-covered baking tray.
- Cook for 8 minutes in the preheated oven.
- After removing from the oven, immediately slide parchment paper with cookies on it to a wire rack to cool.
Possible Amish Cookie Variations:
- Add a cup of chocolate chips to create Chocolate Chip Amish Cookies.
- Add red and green sprinkles for Christmas.
- Add black and orange sprinkles for Halloween.
- Add yellow, orange and brown sprinkles for Thanksgiving.
- And, you guessed it, red sprinkles for Valentine's Day.
See how versatile they are?
So fun and so delicious.
Amish Cookies recipe that create pillowy soft sugar cookies that melt in your mouth. Pennsylvania Dutch recipes include many incredible desserts, like this one. These are perfect for your Christmas cookie platter, or really anytime of the year, and, you can make these chocolate chip Amish cookies too with a cup of chips!
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- granulated sugar to roll dough balls in
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a stand mixer, beat together butter, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
Mix in eggs and vanilla.
Mix in flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
Scoop 2 tbsp dough out and roll in granulated sugar.
Place dough balls on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Cook for 8-10 minutes. Do not brown.