Mocha cheesecake brownies with cream cheese, chocolate chips, coffee, and chopped chocolate are just about one of the best desserts ever.
Two super fudgy brownie layers with a cheesecake layer in between them. Yes, please.
This is such a decadently delicious dessert with multiple textures of fudgy brownie, cheesecake, and chocolate chips. Oh, I must not forget to mention, there are also white chocolate chips mixed in with the cheesecake filling in these amazing cheesecake topped brownies. SO yummy!!!!!!!!!
They could also be called marbled cheesecake brownies or cheesecake swirl brownies from their appearance with the beautiful thick layers of brownie and cheesecake melding together.
I have a feeling this will be on heavy rotation for my family when we need a sweet treat.
There's only two teaspoons of coffee in this recipe, and thats just enough for a hint of mocha wonderfulness to combine with the chocolate and cheesecake.
Tips for these cheesecake brownie bars:
- Do not worry if you are unable to cover the whole cheesecake layer with the remaining brownie batter. You can sprinkle chocolate chips in the areas that do not have enough brownie batter.
- Chilling the brownies is important. Two hours is the minimum fridge time, but longer would be better in terms of ease of cutting these rich, ooey gooey brownies. We took them out of the fridge after exactly two hours, because we could not stand to wait one moment longer, and they were beyond delicious at this point, but still a bit soft. Soft enough to eat with a spoon.
- Definitely use the chopped semi sweet chocolate bar for the brownies. It makes a difference in the beautiful fudgy consistency of the incredible brownies.
- Do not forget to sprinkle the chocolate chips all over your creation once the layering is done. The chips add just the right amount of variety in the texture and the pop of chocolate taste is fabulous.
These are definitely the best cream cheese brownies I've ever experienced. My 15 year old daughter says that these are the best brownies she's ever tasted period.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might like these too:
Mocha Cheesecake Brownies
Mocha cheesecake brownies with cream cheese, chocolate chips, coffee, and chopped chocolate is just about one of the best desserts ever. Seriously.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 8 oz chopped quality semi-sweet chocolate bar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp espresso powder (instant coffee)
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ½ cup mini or regular size semi-sweet chocolate chips for topping
- 8 oz full fat brick style cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir the mixture constantly for about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and pour mixture into large mixing bowl for further cooling for about 10 minutes (it just needs to slightly cool, not fully).
Place your oven rack in the lower third position and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of a 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper with an overhang on all sides. This will help you to easily lift the brownies out of the pan when cool. Set baking dish aside.
Whisk the granulated sugar into the cooled chocolate/butter mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla. Gently fold in the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and salt. Set mixture aside.
In your stand mixer, beat the cream cheese for 1 minute on medium high speed and beat in the sugar until combined. Beat in egg and vanilla until combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips with a rubber spatula. Set aside.
Putting together the layers
Spread about half of the brownies batter into the parchment paper lined baking pan. Try to spread the batter into each corner to make an even layer.
Top the brownie layer with all of the cheesecake batter. Spread the batter as best you can in an even manner, covering as much of the brownie batter as you can.
Spread the rest of brownie batter on top of the cheesecake layer and spread over the cheesecake layer as evenly and covering as much of the cheesecake as you can.
Cooking and Cooling
Bake in preheated oven for 35-38 minutes. It takes 38 minutes in my oven for the perfect texture. You will want to cook until the edges of the brownie pulls away from the the edges of the pan. A toothpick test where only a few moist crumbs show up on the toothpick, means the brownies are ready.
Cool the brownies in the pan on a wire rack for 45 minutes. Then cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Even after two hours, the brownies may still be a touch soft, but are cuttable. (just a little melty, but so yummy)
Enjoy these obey gooey, beyond delicious brownies!
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction