Cinnamon Coffee Cake that is buttery, moist, and has the most delicious streusel crumb topping in the whole wide world.
This Cinnamon Coffee Cake is so delicious.
And, perfect with a hot cup of coffee or tea.
And, I know what coffee cake I will be making this upcoming Christmas morning. Yay.
The focus of this cinnamon crumb coffee cake recipe is the amazingly delicious streusel topping. Cinnamon, brown sugar, chopped walnuts and butter…..yum.
The streusel topping is always my favorite part of any classic coffee cake recipe. The walnuts mixed with the cinnamon and sugar sinking into the top of the buttery smooth cake.
Tips for this streusel coffee cake recipe:
- With this recipe, I learned the great benefit of using a springform pan. If you do not own one, I recommend considering it. The process of cooling and serving coffee cake is so much easier, which ultimately equates to you making the recipe more often. This coffee cake makes people happy, so more people will be happy more often. Always a good thing. 🙂
- Adding walnuts or pecans to the streusel topping is optional. I, personally, love walnuts in my coffee cake, but this cake would be equally as scrumptious sans nuts.
This is an easy cinnamon coffee cake recipe that everyone should have in their recipe vault. I know that is a broad sweeping statement, but having a coffee cake recipe that focuses on more streusel topping should be a must for everyone.
Hope you enjoy this as much as we did!
You might also like:
Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Cinnamon Coffee Cake that is buttery, moist, and has the most delicious streusel crumb topping in the whole world.
- 1 tbsp flour (to sprinkle on greased baking pan)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter (1 1/4 sticks), firm and cold
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a springform pan with butter spray and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of flour.
In large bowl of a stand mixer, mix together flour, sugar, and salt until combined. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into mixture, until butter/flour mixture looks like coarse crumbs. Scoop out and set aside 1 cup of the butter/flour mixture.
Mix the baking powder and baking soda into remaining butter/flour mixture. Add in the room temperature buttermilk, egg, and vanilla. Mix well. Batter will be very thick. Mix on high until batter is fluffy, and looks similar to whipped frosting consistency (about 2 minutes).
Spoon batter into springform pan and smooth top.
Add the brown sugar and cinnamon to the reserved 1 cup of butter/flour mixture and toss together with fork. Sprinkle butter/flour/brown sugar/cinnamon mixture on top of batter and spread evenly over batter. Press lightly into batter until it sticks.
Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. 50 minutes was perfect for our cake.
Cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove side of springform pan. Let cake cool for about an hour. Slice and Enjoy!!
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction