Easy Peanut Butter Blossoms recipe that is moist, soft, and chewy with just the right amount of crunch from the crackly top. So good.
If you love the combo of peanut butter and chocolate, have we got you covered. I know you would love Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake Bars, Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies, Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peanut Butter Fudge, and Tiger Butter Bark.
Peanut butter blossoms are a traditional and well loved recipe for good reason.
Peanut butter and chocolate are always a good thing, number one, and number two, the hershey kiss is the perfect amount of chocolate to complement the soft peanut butter cookie beneath. Love it.
I made these at the request of my 9 year old son, “could you make those cookies where the hershey kiss melts on top?”.
Tips for these delicious hershey’s peanut butter blossoms:
- Removing the cookies at the 6-9 minute mark and then returning them to the oven is important. I had never cooked these in this manner, but it allowed the kiss to brown a touch and to settle more into the cookie. This step gave it a boost of browned flavor as well.
- When rolling your dough balls, try to keep them small, they do spread out. And, you have so many kisses to use, so you might as well have a cookie for them.
- I recommend removing the foil from about 40 kisses before taking the cookies out of the oven, so you’re armed and ready to press the chocolate kisses in the center of the warm cookies.
This is an easy peanut butter blossoms recipe that you can whip up pretty quick and put smiles on the faces of your loved ones. Always a good thing.
You might enjoy these as well:
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut Butter Blossoms are a classic peanut butter and chocolate treat. Freshly baked peanut butter blossoms have a soft and puffy texture with a warm milk chocolate top. Delicious.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces butter (at room temperature)
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar more for rolling
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Nonstick spray or vegetable oil for cookie sheet optional
- 50 Hershey kisses (foils removed)
In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
With an electric mixer, cream together butter, peanut butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and light brown sugar. Add the egg, milk and vanilla. Beat until well blended. Gradually add the flour mixture and continue until thoroughly mixed. Note: If your dough is very soft, you should refrigerate it for about an hour, so it will not spread out too much while cooking.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll 1-inch dough balls.
Roll the cookie dough balls in sugar and place two inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake until very light brown and puffed, about 6-8 minutes. Do not overcook.
Remove cookie sheet from the oven and lightly press the hershey kiss into he center of each cookie. You will want to press the kiss in just until the dough crackles slightly.
Return cookies to oven until they are a light golden brown (slightly crispy at top), about 2-3 minutes.
Remove cookies from oven and cool completely. We cooled our cookies on the cookie sheet for 15 minutes, then placed them on a wire rack for further cooling. Enjoy!
Slightly adapted from NYT Cooking