Easy Butter Pecan Cookies recipe that produces soft, delectable cookies with brown sugar, that are perfect for tea time and the Holidays.
Oh my goodness, where do I even start with these melt in your mouth butter pecan cookies. SO unbelievably delicious, its ridiculous.
These perfect cookies are soft, moist, and creamy treats that you will want to enjoy all day long.
They are very small, so its easy to eat seven cookies without realizing it. Not that I would know. 🙂
These butter pecan cookies are buttery, soft, and have just the right amount of crumble.
They are so perfect for your holiday cookie platter to offset the onslaught of chocolate and peppermint flavors most likely in the other cookies.
I can’t believe these delicious cookies require only six ingredients. And, the good news is, you probably already have these ingredients in your cupboard.
Tips for these butter pecan shortbread cookies:
- For the pecan half on top of the cookie, I used a lightly salted pecan, and it was perfect. The extra touch of salt offset the sweet cookie perfectly. It was an accident, I usually buy pecans that are unsalted. After my first bite of one of these fresh from the oven butter pecan cookies, I could taste the touch of salt, and realized I had accidentally hit the jackpot with the extra pop of taste on this already delicious beyond words cookie.
- Once you’ve formed the butter pecan cookie balls, make sure to follow the step of gently pushing down with your fork to slightly flatten the cookie. Its easier to place the lightly salted pecan on top of the dough and they cook nicer.
Hope you enjoy these as much as we did! These cookies would look perfect in a holiday gift bag for a hostess gift or teacher gift.
You might also like:
Butter Pecan Cookies
Easy Butter Pecan Cookies recipe that produces soft, delectable cookies with brown sugar that are perfect for tea time and the Holidays.
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 50 pecan halves, lightly salted
In the bowl of a stand mixer, on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar together, until creamy. Stop to scrape the bottom and sides two times. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
Add in the egg yolk and beat well.
Add in flour and salt and mix on medium until the dough forms a ball. As soon as you cannot see the flour anymore, stop mixing. Do not over-mix. You want the dough to remain light and fluffy.
Cover the bowl with saran wrap, and place in fridge for about an hour. The dough needs to be cold. (if its not cold, the cookies will cook flat)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, roll 1 inch dough balls, and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Using a fork, press down on top of dough ball gently to flatten the ball slightly.
Press a half pecan on top of the fork marks. Bake in preheated oven for 6-8 minutes. Note: if you like softer cookies, about 7 minutes is correct, if you prefer crunchy and browned, 10-12 minutes would be better.
Adapted from The Food Charlatan