This is the BEST tasting fried cauliflower rice with veggies recipe you will find. It is healthy, flavorful, easy to make, low carb and delicious!
This Cauliflower rice with veggies dish is so flavorful and filling, its difficult to believe this dish does not include grain rice!
I've made this dish twice now in the past few days. The first time, I riced a head of cauliflower in my food processor and the second time, I bought 2 pounds of frozen riced cauliflower. Both times, this recipe was FANTASTIC.
Sometimes with a recipe, you have a Wow moment. The Wow moment here is how delicious fried rice can be without actual rice. This is a fully veggie dish (except the cashews if you add them), and it was scrumptious and filling. My whole family loved it.
Ingredients you will need:
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs
- Sea Salt
- 6 scallions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Chopped fresh ginger or 1 tbsp minced ginger from a jar
- 2 lb head of cauliflower or 2 lbs frozen cauliflower rice
- Soy Sauce
- Red pepper flakes
- Frozen peas and carrots
- Rice Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
How to make Fried Cauliflower Rice with Veggies?
- In a large, non-stick skillet, add vegetable oil. Scramble two eggs and set aside.
- Set skillet to medium high heat, and add 3 tablespoons vegetable oil. When oil is hot, add root parts of spring onions garlic and ginger to pan. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in riced cauliflower, soy sauce, sugar, and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Cook, stirring often for 3 minutes.
- Add in the peas and carrots, and continue to cook the cauliflower rice, stirring occasionally. You want to crisp the rice mixture at this point, by letting it cook for a minute, then stir and cook the other side of the mixture, so all sides are crisped, but still tender on the inside. This will take around 7 minutes. You really want to see the crispiness of the riced cauliflower. You will start to see it brown and crisp up.
- Lastly, add in rice vinegar, sesame oil and one more tablespoon of soy sauce. Stir for a few minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
If you've been searching for a good cauliflower rice seasoning, you might want to try a season salt mixture. I sprinkled the Trader Joe's Season Salt on my fried rice today and it was perfect.
How to cook frozen cauliflower rice?
For the second time making this cauliflower rice stir fry, I used frozen cauliflower rice. I bought 3 10 oz bags and followed the directions on the back of the bag. In the microwave, I steamed the rice in the bag for 4 ½ minutes, then let it sit for 1 minute. Once the rice had sat for 1 minute, I threw it into the hot skillet with the spring onions, garlic, and ginger. It cooked up perfectly, and I did not notice any excess water. In a nutshell, for cooking frozen cauliflower rice, just follow the directions on the bag and add to your stir fry according to the recipe.
This is a healthy cauliflower rice stir fry that can serve as a delicious side dish or as the main course. I recommend trying this as soon as possible - you will want this in your recipe arsenal when you feel the need for a healthy meal that can be whipped up quickly and is highly adaptable.
By highly adaptable, I mean you could add the following proteins to this and it can be an amazing full dinner:
In addition to the above meat ideas, you could also make a cauliflower rice and shrimp dish, if you prefer meat from the sea.
If you've been looking for frozen cauliflower rice recipes for awhile and have not landed on a keeper, I think your luck has changed. Try this one soon, you'll love it.
Fried Cauliflower Rice with Veggies
This is the BEST tasting cauliflower rice with veggies recipe you will find. It is healthy, flavorful, easy to make, low carb and delicious!
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- sea salt
- 6 scallions, chopped (stem parts separated from end parts)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 2 lb head of cauliflower or 2 lbs ready to cook cauliflower
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil or toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup chopped cashews
In a food processor, with the grating disc, grate the cauliflower to rice size (should take 1-2 minutes). Or, you can buy prepared cauliflower rice in the frozen section at the grocery store.
Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and a pinch of salt. Cook until scrambled. Set the eggs aside on a plate.
Add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the skillet and turn to medium high heat. Add the white parts of scallions, garlic and ginger, and cook until softened for about 3-4 minutes.
Add the grated cauliflower, 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, sugar and ¼ tsp of salt. Cook, stirring often, for about 3 minutes.
Add in the peas and carrots, and continue to cook the cauliflower rice, stirring occasionally. You want to crisp the rice mixture at this point, by letting it cook for a minute, then stir and cook the other side of the mixture, so all sides are crisped, but still tender on the inside. This will take about 7 minutes. You really want to crisp up the cauliflower rice. You will see it start to brown and become crispy. This is an important part to making the rice so delicious!
Stir in rice vinegar, sesame oil, dark green part of scallions, cashews and eggs. Adjust seasoning at this point if necessary (ie: you can add more soy sauce if you'd like).
Serve hot and enjoy!