Pumpkin cheesecake chocolate chip muffins combine three of my favorite flavors to deliver the perfect Fall treat.
If you’re looking for more pumpkin treats, we’ve got you covered. You might enjoy Pumpkin Cobbler with Pecans, Pumpkin Donuts, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Bread with Cinnamon Crust, Moist Pumpkin Bread with Maple Icing, and Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes.
Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins with cheesecake inside, yes please.
You know when you see a recipe, and you just have to make it right now?
Well, this was how these pumpkin cheesecake chocolate chip muffins and I met. I had never seen this combination of ingredients before, but I knew instantly this would be a gold medal winner in my family.
If you like pumpkin, cream cheese and chocolate, this is your perfect recipe.
They are very moist and bursting with flavor. My pan of twelve muffins is down to 3 and they’ve only been out of the oven for 2 hours.
- Definitely use mini chocolate chips. They are the perfect size chips to be sprinkled on top of this deliciously moist muffin.
- When stirring the cream cheese with the egg, vanilla and milk, you can leave it chunky or mix in a stand mixer for 1-2 minutes. Either way will deliver a perfect cream cheese swirl.
Hope you enjoy these muffins as much as we did. The combo of chocolate, pumpkin and cheesecake is truly a wonderful taste experience.
If you like pumpkin, you might enjoy these recipes as well:
Pumpkin Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 8 ounces canned pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 oz . cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips I used slightly more, and it was a good idea
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add the pumpkin, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips to the bowl and whisk until completely combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg into the bowl and whisk until just combined.
- To make the cream cheese layers, mix the cream cheese, sugar, egg, milk together.
- Add the cream cheese layer to the bowl of pumpkin batter in spoonfuls and mix just a tiny bit, just enough so the clumps are slightly connected.
- With an ice cream scoop add the batter to your muffin liners
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick or knife comes out clean
Recipe slightly adapted from Dinner then Dessert